Monday, March 24, 2008

Record Snowfall

Global warming is continuing to hit us hard here in Michigan. It has been reported that this winter has set a record for snowfall since 1880, when they started keeping track of such things. We've had 85 inches of the white stuff so far. Another inch of snow is being predicted tonight and tomorrow, a chance of snow on Saturday, and the month of April averages 2.5 inches of snowfall. We may approach 90 inches by Mother's Day!

I was informed by the librarian today that all the snow was my fault, because I had checked out a book on snow last week, that was on my daughter's book list for school. As I turned it back in today, I told her I would check out a book on Spring if it would help.

Here's a picture of the snow falling last Friday evening.

No comments: